Prev: Re: [FT] Solar Thrust, fuel consumption, and realistic space combat Next: Re: FT: FB2 Preview - Obi Wan Tuffley

Re: [FT] Solar Thrust, fuel consumption, and realistic space combat

From: Keith Watt <kwatt@a...>
Date: Fri, 5 Mar 1999 08:07:44 -0500 (Eastern Standard Time)
Subject: Re: [FT] Solar Thrust, fuel consumption, and realistic space combat

On Fri, 5 Mar 1999, Nyrath the nearly wise wrote:

>	I haven't had a chance to examine these fully, but I am
>	*very* impressed!   (but then again, I do have a hobby
>	of collecting Isp and deltaVee information about
>	various propulstion systems)

I'd be interested in seeing any drive parameters you might have!

>	Have you ever played SPI's BATTLEFLEET MARS?  It includes
>	a reasonably accurate map of the solar system out to Jupiter,
>	with rules for moving the planets and major asteroids.

I've been looking everywhere for it, but I've never played it.	Several
people have recommended it to me.  At the con, Los said he might have a
line on a second copy, hopefully he's checking on that for me.	I'd
really
like to get that game (Triplanetary and Belter, too).

>	I wonder if it could be used as the strategic movement
>	part of a Solar Thrust campaign?

The things I've heard seem to agree.  I've been forging ahead with my
own
set of rules, but I'm not averse to switching to a different system.
The
strategic rules I'm working on now (I'm not satisfied with the
econonomic
rules yet) extend out to Pluto, which few systems do (though I bet they
could be easily adapted).

TTYL..
Keith

kwatt@astro.umd.edu
Univ. of Maryland Astronomy

Prev: Re: [FT] Solar Thrust, fuel consumption, and realistic space combat Next: Re: FT: FB2 Preview - Obi Wan Tuffley