Prev: Re: [HIST] IAS Population Next: Re: [HIST] IAS Population

Re: [HIST] IAS Population

From: Beth Fulton <beth.fulton@m...>
Date: Fri, 05 Mar 1999 12:40:14 +1000
Subject: Re: [HIST] IAS Population

G'day guys,

>>300 million on Adelie? I'm sure there was something about a 100 mill
>>limit..
>
>I think there was something about "the largest off-Earth population =
180
>million" being in the published Word.

I didn't realise that such a limit existed, sorry. By the way, where was
the
word published (I'm not on the GZG-pedia list - then again you're more
than
likely to say it says on Pgx of... to which oh go "ohhh" <blush>
Either way I'd be very interested in the rationale behind such a limit -
don't
mean to be a heretic or re-open an old argument or anything, it just
seems
a little, well odd. However, that oddness may disappear if I knew the
reasoning behind it.

>>Did the OU invent Modular construction, or did the IAS BTW? Or was it
>>yet another of those OU-(fill in the nation) Joint R&D projects that
>>each nation took up in a different way after the initial trials?
>
>Alarish publicized Modular Defense Plug-ins for freighters.  While it
was an
>original concept (i.e. I came up with it on my own), I rather suspect
ii
>wasn't the first time that original concept has come up.

Case of convergent engineering I guess. I honestly hadn't looked at
anything
along the lines when the fleet thoughts came together - more a case of
getting
the most out of limited resources I guess.

Cheers

Beth

----
----
Elizabeth Fulton
c/o CSIRO Division of Marine Research
GPO Box 1538
HOBART
TASMANIA 7001
AUSTRALIA
Phone (03) 6232 5018 International +61 3 6232 5018
Fax (03) 6232 5199 International +61 3 6232 5199

email: beth.fulton@marine.csiro.au

Prev: Re: [HIST] IAS Population Next: Re: [HIST] IAS Population