Prev: [FH] GNP and defense budget Next: Re: [HIST] IAS Population

Re: [HIST] IAS Population

From: Alan E & Carmel J Brain <aebrain@d...>
Date: Fri, 05 Mar 1999 12:38:09 +1000
Subject: Re: [HIST] IAS Population

Beth Fulton wrote:

>	  Current total population, as of the census of January 2188, is
> 358,345,528. Roughly 1,000,000 live on Earth, 16,000,000 reside on
> Bellinghausen and 34,000,000 live in the various jointly managed
areas. The
> remainder call Adelie home.

300 million on Adelie? I'm sure there was something about a 100 mill
limit... The rest are exactly in conformance with my own ideas, excapet
possibly the Earth population, which I assumed would be more like 10
mill (underwater farming).

Apart from that, an example worthy of emulation.

Did the OU invent Modular construction, or did the IAS BTW? Or was it
yet another of those OU-(fill in the nation) Joint R&D projects that
each nation took up in a different way after the initial trials?

Currently I'm looking at designs which have one standard-sized 8-Mass
module. Even the Cruisers. And trying to keep them within the Eureka OU
miniatures range.
Freemantle "Patrol Vessels" -> River Class Destroyers
??? Light Cruisers -> essentially an a Freemantle with Thrust 6 vice 4
Heavy Cruisers -> Warship with 8 Mass intercheangeable
CVL -> Small CV with either a self-defence or Space Assault (ie Marines)
module.

I'm also trying to include the published OU designs, including the
highly experimental Special Forces ship. This can easily be put in as
"It is rumoured that the OU has developed, or is developing, a so-called
"Cloaked" ship. The exact status is uncertain, and the development
program, if it exists, may be a failure. Rumours persist though of Black
projects underway in remote systems, and partial sightings of
unidentified vessels in OU space. It's even possible that this may be a
joint program with another nation, with development well hidden in the
myriad rocks surrounding an OU M-type star."

This way I can have my cake ( existing OU design ) and eat it too ( No
extra-ordinary technology ). And one Special Forces ship with a cloak I
could live with anyway.

--
	      http://www2.dynamite.com.au/aebrain
 abrain@cs.adfa.edu.au o O*OO^^^^OO*O o oo     oo oo	 oo

Prev: [FH] GNP and defense budget Next: Re: [HIST] IAS Population