Prev: Re: Modified EFSB stats for Kill the Bin'Tak Next: Re: [FT] Alarishi Sovereignity Report

Re: Saturday at the Con. . .

From: "What do you mean 'Vorchans aren't atmosphere-capable'?" <KOCHTE@s...>
Date: Wed, 03 Mar 1999 07:47:11 -0500 (EST)
Subject: Re: Saturday at the Con. . .

>>>Yeah, and those Tuffleys were _cute_ as they puffed into little balls
of
>>>gas.  Which miniature were those?
>>
>>Ex-inspection launches from Traveller. I believe they are now the
'praying
>>mantis' ships from RAFM for Silent Death.
>
>I think I have some of these. Are they the Flying Torpedos (cylidrical
>things with fins) or are they the pointy nosed ships with the "wings"
that
>have about three missile tubes each?

The latter: pointy-nosed ships with 'wings' housing what you interpret
as 3
missile tubes each (and what I interpret as forward-arc Class-2 beam
batts :)

>I've painted one of the Flying
>Torpedos in Imperial Japanese Navy colors. I copied the paint scheme
from a
>picture of a WWII Japanese "Zero"-white base, a light blue band around
the
>nose and of course the rising sun. Looks rather spiffy, if I do say so.
:-)

Keen. I dinna think I have any of those Flying Torps.

Mk
---
If the conquest of a great peak brings moments of exultation and bliss,
which in the monotonous, materialistic existence of modern times nothing
else can approach, it also presents great dangers.  It is not the goal
of
*grand alpinisme* to face peril, but it is one of the tests one must
undergo to deserve the joy of rising for an instant above the state of
crawling grubs.
				       -Lionel Terray, 1965

Prev: Re: Modified EFSB stats for Kill the Bin'Tak Next: Re: [FT] Alarishi Sovereignity Report