Prev: Re: [ft2.5] armour v hulls Next: Re: [GZG-ECC]SST pics

Re: [ft2.5] armour v hulls

From: Laserlight <laserlight@c...>
Date: Tue, 02 Mar 1999 20:23:02 -0500
Subject: Re: [ft2.5] armour v hulls

>right, here's a really stupid question.

That's okay, you're likely to get stupid answers.

>why bother building ships with hulls other than fragile? for the same
mass
>as an Average hull, i can get a Fragile and a coat of armour. this
gives
>me the same amount of boxes in total, and i take thresholds later.

You're aware that armor does not stop 100% damage from all weapons?
From
several systems it only stops half the damage from a shot, and the rest
goes
to hull.  And re-roll damage all goes into hull.

My general theory (arrived at by guesswork rather than analysis) is to
take
a Weak hull and about the same amount of armor as the first damage
track.
However, I fight SML-armed opponents, and would do something different
if I
were facing a Beam-heavy opponent.

Prev: Re: [ft2.5] armour v hulls Next: Re: [GZG-ECC]SST pics