Prev: RE: Spinal Mounts Next: Re: [FT] Fleet design (Was Re: Alarishi Home Page)

Re: [OT] My Life

From: "Oerjan Ohlson" <oerjan.ohlson@t...>
Date: Wed, 24 Feb 1999 15:02:49 +0100
Subject: Re: [OT] My Life

John M. Atkinson wrote in reply to Adrian Johnson:

> > Hope to see you back "on line" sometime soon - once you "settle in"
-
> > unless you're stuck somewhere in Kosovo...
>
> :)

Several of my friends and aquaintancies have been stationed in NORDBAT
and whatever-the-name of the Scandinavian observers in Macedonia.
According to them, email is about the only reliable means of
communications with home. More reliable than telephone, since the emails
usually got through even when the signal transmission was too lousy to
hear what the other person said in a normal phone call :-/

Kosovo is less shot-up than Bosnia so far (ie, more telephone lines
surviving, etc), so I don't think there'd be a very big problem
maintaining 'net access

Oerjan Ohlson
oerjan.ohlson@telia.com

"Life is like a sewer.
- Hen3ry

Prev: RE: Spinal Mounts Next: Re: [FT] Fleet design (Was Re: Alarishi Home Page)