Prev: Re: [OT] My Life Next: Re: [OT] My Life

Re: [OT] My Life

From: Thomas Anderson <thomas.anderson@u...>
Date: Tue, 23 Feb 1999 22:45:57 +0000 (GMT)
Subject: Re: [OT] My Life

On Tue, 23 Feb 1999, John M. Atkinson wrote:

> As most of you know, up until yesterday, I was a member of the
Virginia
> Army National Guard.

oh, man, do we know ...

> Yesterday, 22 FEB 99, I enlisted in the United States Army.  Regular,
> Real Thing, yadda, yadda.

well, it's your choice. let me add one dissenting voice, just for old
times' sake. the army? get a proper job :-). seriously though, i wish
you
all the fortune in the world.

is this a final career, or a prelude to greater things?

> On 8 MAR 99, I will be shipping out to "Europe".  No idea where in
> Europe, but somewhere.  I will probably cancel this account on 7 MAR
or
> thereabouts.

well, there are a few computers in europe, if you know where to look, so
maybe you can drop in every now and then, eh?

> The page will, however, not be updated unless
> and until I establish some sort of net access in Germany (Assuming
> 'Europe' doesn't turn out to be an alternate spelling for 'Former
> Yugoslavia').

ah, you'll be able to get your email. come on, this is the us army!
besides, i've seen mail from the army field network before. observe this
post to ftgzg-l, back in the old days:

On Sun, 25 Oct 1998, Allan Goodall wrote:

> Date: Sun, 25 Oct 1998 22:31:11 GMT
> From: Allan Goodall <agoodall@sympatico.ca>
> To: FTGZG-L@bolton.ac.uk
> Subject: [OT] To Gilles Haun
>
> Off topic message to Gilles Haun!
>
> I got your e-mail requesting that I send you the Full Thrust ship
control
> sheet bitmaps from the tournament. I tried to send them, however, and
I got an
> error saying the following:
>
> Haun, Gilles C. SSG on Sat, 24 Oct 1998 19:29:59 +0200
>     Unable to deliver the message due to a communications failure
>     MSEXCH:IMS:5 Signal Command, US Army:TC3 Bosnia:JGBTBRG1 0
(000C05A6)
> Unknown Recipient

well, it looks to me like the signals corps deployed an ms exchange
server
to bosnia. surely that's against the geneva convention?

anyway, good luck. i hope everything goes well.

Tom

Prev: Re: [OT] My Life Next: Re: [OT] My Life