Prev: Re: [DSII] Genre - and details about casting/moulding Next: Re: Vulnerability of Ogres: Plus a DSII question

Re: [DSII] Genre - and details about casting/moulding

From: "Christopher K Smith" <smithck@m...>
Date: Tue, 23 Feb 1999 16:24:56 -0600
Subject: Re: [DSII] Genre - and details about casting/moulding

>causing a rejected part.  With spin casting, air is forced out of the
mould
>by centrifugal (centripidal?? I always forget which is which)

>Adrian

Actually I don't think its either.  Centrifugal force is a "fictional"
force.	Centripidal refers to the "center seeking" acceleration of an
object
moving in a curved path(I think).  I would say the air is forced out
because
the metal or whatever, wants to move in a straight line, but the mould
prevents it, so it does the next best thing and flows into  the mould
until
it can't go any farther.  Anything less dense than it is pushed out of
wherever it happened to be flowing.

Hot damn, that dynamics class was actually useful......of course I could
be
wrong.

Christopher K Smith
02ME Auburn University
Home Page-- http:///www.auburn.edu/~smithck
Dirtside II-- http://www.auburn.edu/~smithck/dsII.html
Battleforce-- http://www.auburn.edu/~smithck/btech.html

Prev: Re: [DSII] Genre - and details about casting/moulding Next: Re: Vulnerability of Ogres: Plus a DSII question