Prev: Re: [DSII] Genre Next: Re: Fighters for FT (Con't)

Re: [FT][FH]Sumani Incident (or: Battle of the Johns)

From: "Andrew & Alex" <Al.Bri@x...>
Date: Sun, 21 Feb 1999 21:24:40 +1300
Subject: Re: [FT][FH]Sumani Incident (or: Battle of the Johns)

John wrote:
>Hey, I think of myself as a Domestic of the Scholae, a simple soldier
>and not much given to rhetorical flourishes.  Were I one of the City
>aristocracy, undoubtedly I ______ elucidate on this point at great
length,
>with four obscure literary allusions, three puns, an allegory,
>and end it all with a pithy aphorism.
>
>But I'm not.[1]
>
><snip plausible scenario>
>
>John M. Atkinson
>[1]Five points for anyone who explains why this post is terrifically
>funny.  Laserlight, you'd disqualified on the grounds that it would be
>way too easy.
    'Cause you left out the word "could", where I've put the "___"? :-)

Andrew Martin
Who, sometimes, invisibly corrects email...
Shared email: Al.Bri@xtra.co.nz ICQ: 26227169
Blind See-Saw, DSII, DSII FAQ, GZG-L email FAQ, FUDGE, UY, MSH & WBG:
    http://members.xoom.com/AndrewMartin/

Prev: Re: [DSII] Genre Next: Re: Fighters for FT (Con't)