Prev: Re: Figs for DSII and SGII Next: Re: [FT] Fighter group sizes

Re: [FT] Battlefleet Gothic

From: Aaron Teske <ateske@H...>
Date: Thu, 18 Feb 1999 18:02:53 -0500
Subject: Re: [FT] Battlefleet Gothic

Collect, mash, compile....

At 07:04 AM 2/18/99 PST, John Crimmins wrote:
[snippity the GW announcement -- see
"http://www.hicom.net/~teske/sfleet/bfg-info.html" for additional
comments]
>In addition, I saw a picture of the contents in the new White Dwarf.
As
>already noted, the ships look good if you like that kind of thing (I,
>frankly, do) and they include a nice planet template--looks to be about

>1 foot across--in the box as well.

...I was going to tell you what size the thing was, but I don't
remember!
^_^;;  I don't think it was a whole foot across, though, and there are
actually two of them if they keep the contents the same as what the had
at
the demo -- the second is slightly smaller.  There's also a couple of
moons, and (of course) all the ordnance counters.

At 08:36 AM 2/18/99 PST, John Crimmins wrote:
>>> 1541 Blackstone Fortress  (huge pewter space station)  $29.99
>>> 8201B  Imperial Cobra Class Destroyers
>>>	   (4 ships/blister)  $8.49
>>> 1540  Chaos Desolator Battleship (pewter ship kit)	$32.99
>>
>>OK, how do their minis stack up sizewize?  I can't imagine a "Chaos
>>Desolator" bigger than an FSE Superdreadnought which retails for
$9.50,
>>IIRC.
>>
>>John M. Atkinson
>>

>It's hard to tell.  They show some nice big pictures of the
ships...next
>to each other, with nothing else available for scale.

Try "http://www.hicom.net/~teske/sfleet/bfg-pics.html".  I've got scans
up
of the Chaos and Imperial piccies from the back of a flyer at the demo.
The cruisers (the mid-size ship in the Imperial picture) are 3-3.5"
long,
IIRC.

>I suspect that
>the Desolator thingamagig would be about the same size, or maybe a bit
>bigger, than one of the Superior "Super Galactic Dreadnoughts"--and
>those are significantly larger than the FSE Supredread.  Paint up nice,

>too.

Again, this is IIRC, but the battleships were in the 5-6" long range,
and
get fairly wide and tall as well.  (Tall, especially compared to the
Superior minis... and the FT minis, come to think of it.)

>For those who were at the demo, how big were the ships?  How did a
>cruiser compare with an FT cruiser?

Larger.  BFG cruisers (the plastic ones, anyway) tend towards the BB-DN
size in FT terms, I b'lieve, though since I don't have GZG ships you
need
to take that with a bit of salt.  For a scale reference I *can* make, a
BFG
cruiser is about the same size as a Space Fleet Emperor capitol ship.

>$8.99 for four ships sounds
>relatively reasonable...for GW.  I suspect, however, that they may end
>up being really TINY destroyers.

Not as tiny as the Space Fleet Destroyers.  I'm not sure, but the
smaller
minis in the Imperial War Fleet picture (see link above) may be the DDs
--
1.25" to 1.5" long, I think.  That was about the smallest ship Andy
brought

BTW, if anyone can't view the pictures, e-mail me (NOT THE LIST!) and
I'll
send 'em to you.

					Aaron Teske
					ateske@HICom.net
LAUNCH DAY!
A totally unprovoked attack on peaceful neighbors. Must be the race
file. Does strange things.
		--Rick Kucejko, on the War Monger PRT in Stars!

Prev: Re: Figs for DSII and SGII Next: Re: [FT] Fighter group sizes