Prev: External Fighter Racks Next: Re: Figs for DSII and SGII

Gaming area, was: [FT] Gunboats - points cost??

From: "Oerjan Ohlson" <oerjan.ohlson@t...>
Date: Thu, 18 Feb 1999 23:13:14 +0100
Subject: Gaming area, was: [FT] Gunboats - points cost??

-MWS-

> > > 3) Their base movement is 16 MU, and they get no secondary move.
> > > (rationale: they're a bit heavier & slower than regular fighters)
> >
> > Works OK if you use Vector movement, but it'd be pretty hard to
catch
> > my ships in a Cinematic battle. (Using the GBs as a close-in screen
> > might work... might. I still have bad memories from battles between
MT > > fighters and ships racing around at speeds of 20-40 - if the
fighters
> > were lucky they got a single shot off during an entire battle...)
>
> You must be playing on the floor in a large room <g>.  We're normally
> restricted to a couple of store playing tables for area (4' x 8' or 4'
x 12'),

I measure in cm rather than inches, so my usual gaming table is
equivalent to 10' x 6'4". Plenty of space to move fast in - the extra
width compared to your tables means a lot here, since I can turn the
ships around at higher speeds without "falling off". 'Course, I *like*
Thrust-8 ships <g>

Later,

Oerjan Ohlson
oerjan.ohlson@telia.com

"Life is like a sewer.
- Hen3ry

Prev: External Fighter Racks Next: Re: Figs for DSII and SGII