Prev: Re: Figs for DSII and SGII Next: Re: kra'Vakspeak

Re: [ADMIN] List mods

From: Thomas Anderson <thomas.anderson@u...>
Date: Thu, 18 Feb 1999 13:40:48 +0000 (GMT)
Subject: Re: [ADMIN] List mods

On Wed, 17 Feb 1999, Matthew Seidl wrote:

> I'm trying out a modification to majordomo that should improve list
> performance.	The goal is to reduce the turn arround time of messages,
> i.e. the time from the system getting a message to it attpeting to
> deliver it to everyone on the list should be reduced.

well, i should imagine that most of the latency on the list is due to
the
time taken for the mails to cross the space between berkeley and the
listizen. unless you're doing something really clever, surely
modifications to majordomo are of minor importance?

Tom

Prev: Re: Figs for DSII and SGII Next: Re: kra'Vakspeak