Prev: Re: OT - Smite Button Next: Re: Crossover from GZGPedia List

RE: assemblying FT minis/GW Space Fleet Minis (compilation)

From: Aaron Teske <ateske@H...>
Date: Wed, 17 Feb 1999 07:24:10 -0500
Subject: RE: assemblying FT minis/GW Space Fleet Minis (compilation)

Assembling these threads into one post, we get:

At 08:17 AM 2/17/99 -0000, tim jones wrote:
>I've also been experimenting with the new GW 60mm flying stands, better

>but not perfect as the post is flimsy.

Actually, if you're willing to use the short posts (or even cut 'em down
further) I hear the huge GW circular base works very well for the
largest
ships... even the Superior ships.

>Another base that is useful but hard to get is the old GW space fleet
>base, this is an ideal base and has a strong post and a large
footprint.

Good luck; the original Space Fleet bases are now only available if you
find an original blister -- GWUK doesn't sell them any more, and GWUS
never
did.

At 12:30 AM 2/17/99 -0800, Mark Shurtleff wrote:
>. . . speaking of the old GW space fleet, is anyone on the list still
>collecting these things?  I found a single blister of the 7782 Dictator
>Battleship, and I'm kind of curious on how much it's worth . . .

Not a whole lot, given that it's the "boarding" ship with the claws.
May
be useful, though, in Battlefleet Gothic as an Ork ship, a boarding
cruiser.  Lord knows, that's what I'd likely do with the five I've got.
(And I didn't even pay for most of 'em -- I got them because people
said,
"You're taking these or you don't get anything else" when I bought ships
from 'em. ^_^; )

At 10:21 AM 2/17/99 +0000, Tony wrote:
>I suspect it isn't really worth much to a 'gamer, given that you could
still ring
>up GW in Nottingham and buy a new one mail order. Its worth would be to
>collector who _must_ have it in the original blister packaging.

...Well, no, not really; the Dictator is the black sheep of the Space
Fleet
ship family.  I've yet to hear anyone liking it as an Imperial ship,
though
plenty have called it an Ork ship (including me, when I first saw the
thing).  At the moment, Dictators "usually" go for $5 max.  Mark, you
might
try holding on to it until BFG is out, then selling it as an Ork
cruiser...
if you pick up BFG, make up stats for it, or ask me (as I'm pretty
likely to).

At 03:32 AM 2/17/99 -0600, The_Beast wrote:
>PS. I've forgotten: are there any Spacefleet-to-FTII conversion sites?

"http://www.hicom.net/~teske/sfleet.html" has the Space Fleet page;
there
are FTII conversions there.  An unfinished page containing Fleet Book
revisions is up at "http://www.hicom.net/~teske/sfleet/ftfb.html"; I
should
finish typing in the last couple ships tonight or tomorrow, but general
feedback is welcome at this time.  (Though I don't know how much you'll
change... altering things too much would mean I'll have to change the
sceanrio I'm running at GZG ECC II by a lot. ^_^;  Now, to get *that*
typed
in... meant to have that done two weeks ago!)

Later,

					Aaron Teske
					ateske@HICom.net
LAUNCH DAY!
A totally unprovoked attack on peaceful neighbors. Must be the race
file. Does strange things.
		--Rick Kucejko, on the War Monger PRT in Stars!

Prev: Re: OT - Smite Button Next: Re: Crossover from GZGPedia List