Prev: Re: assemblying FT minis Next: DSII - SLAM vs Stealth

Re: assemblying FT minis

From: -MWS- <Hauptman@c...>
Date: Tue, 16 Feb 1999 14:47:28 -0500 (EST)
Subject: Re: assemblying FT minis

On Tue, 16 Feb 1999, Geo-Hex wrote:
[snip]
> The second change will be to go to plastic base stands for the smaller

> models in the lines, both to reduce costs and to allow the extra
> model in the packs.  This way we hope to put two of every cruiser in
> a pack and perhaps four scouts and frigates.	The new base is a flat
> hexagon slotta base with a unique "T-Bar" post that is much stronger
> than the flight stands currently on the market.  We will for the near
> future keep the heavy pewter flight stand for the larger ships,
> although we plan to replace it eventually.

This is one change that I personally don't welcome - the 12-point flight
bases
that you folks produce is one of the best flight stands around for Full
Thrust.  Plastic stands may be cheaper to produce, but I end up tossing
them
out and buying extra pewter stands anyway, or painstakingly kitbashing
an
equivalent.  Also, plastic stands don't provide any counterweight to the
top-heavy nature of the ship model - if you don't glue heavy fender
washers on
a plastic stand, the model falls over with the least little bump.

If you do switch to plastic bases, *please* don't completely discontinue
the
current pewter base - I'd like to be able to buy them as replacements to
the
plastic ones. :)

Mark "Hauptmann" Shurtleff
  email: hauptman@sfcmd.com -or- hauptman@concentric.net
       The Gear Locker:  http://www.sfcmd.com/HeavyGear/
	   Full Thrust:  http://www.sfcmd.com/fullthrust/

 Finagle's Law:
   The perversity of the Universe tends towards the maximum.

Prev: Re: assemblying FT minis Next: DSII - SLAM vs Stealth