Prev: Re: NSL. Style and Uniforms Next: Re: Population math help!

RE: Star Trek Weapon

From: "Tim Jones" <Tim.Jones@S...>
Date: Tue, 16 Feb 1999 08:29:14 -0000
Subject: RE: Star Trek Weapon

>I stopped watching Star Trek the Next Gen, ect.  after I realized this.
>Babylon 5, Battlestar Galactica, ect.	may have their problems, but
>they are not suffering from Munchkinizems(TM)	or 5-Minute Quicky
Endings (TM)

I think you are missing the point about ST - its not a technology
show its really about people and the human condition.

Compare and contrast two similar episodes in B5 & trek, the one where
Picard is tortured and the one with Sheridan. Both powerful episodes
but the quality of Stewarts acting made the trek one better and the
final point that they had broken him I continue to find haunting.
Not the same effect with the b5 episode.

Plus there is a *really* good reason to watch Voyager, Jeri Ryan.

Anyway this just went off the OT meter.

-= tim jones =-

Prev: Re: NSL. Style and Uniforms Next: Re: Population math help!