Prev: Re: Crossover from GZGPedia List Next: RE: Figs for DSII and SGII

Re: Star Trek Weapon

From: Ground Zero Games <jon@g...>
Date: Mon, 15 Feb 1999 14:46:47 +0000
Subject: Re: Star Trek Weapon

>Hi,
>How would you represent the weapon TR-1(or what ever it was, from
ST:DS9) in
>DS2/SG2, it has a very long range, does not need a LOS to the target,
you can
>put the bulled into the targets most vital spot, auto kill? auto hit?
all
>board? very dangerus.	Think about it in space battles, point and click
and
>the fleet commander is dead.  What do you think?
>-Stephen

Personally, I think Plot Device Weapons (TM) such as this (from your
description above - I haven't seen the episode) are best left where they
came from - in TV plots. Superweapons and supercharacters will badly
unbalance any game system, as has been shown all too well by Warhamster
40K
and Warzone.... ;)

Jon (GZG)

Prev: Re: Crossover from GZGPedia List Next: RE: Figs for DSII and SGII