Prev: Re: OT: You guys aren't going to believe this.... Next: Britannia, was Re: In defence of Monarchy

Re: OT: You guys aren't going to believe this....

From: "Ahhh I've got you now!...what the hell do you mean I rolled 18 ones???!!! (B Fulton)" <KOCHTE@s...>
Date: Sat, 13 Feb 1999 10:43:04 -0500 (EST)
Subject: Re: OT: You guys aren't going to believe this....

Thomas B states:
>Tom McC says:
>> Some of us went over to Jim Bell's for a game last week and CGI kids
shows
>> were on like Shadow Raiders and Beast Wars.	My friend immediately
said,
>> "Don't you think they could do some great stuff with Morrison's stuff
?"

>> He and I fell to discussing whether we'd rather see JLA or Doom
Patrol
>> (which offered much stranger stuff).  That said, those shows are
approaching
>> the point where they could go mainstream.  There's just too big an
opening
>> for animation of all stripes on prime time, if it's aimed at adults.
>
>All you have to do is realize they make cartoons like the Simpsons
>(for a broad audience), Duckman (for mature adults with a quirky
>sense of humor) and (I think it is called) the Head - a kind of
>superhero TV with a bit of an adult bent. Oh, and of course, the show
>with the greatest Hero the Galaxy has Ever Known, Captain Starr.

Then there's my favorite, 'The Tick'  :^)

(say...has anyone given any thought about working out SGII stats for
cartoon characters? ;-)

Mk
---
If the conquest of a great peak brings moments of exultation and bliss,
which in the monotonous, materialistic existence of modern times nothing
else can approach, it also presents great dangers.  It is not the goal
of
*grand alpinisme* to face peril, but it is one of the tests one must
undergo to deserve the joy of rising for an instant above the state of
crawling grubs.
				       -Lionel Terray, 1965

Prev: Re: OT: You guys aren't going to believe this.... Next: Britannia, was Re: In defence of Monarchy