Prev: RE: [FTFB] Not ships, exactally. . . Next: Re: [FTFB] Not ships, exactally. . .

[DSII] Usable Operational-level Rules

From: "John M. Atkinson" <john.m.atkinson@e...>
Date: Fri, 12 Feb 1999 11:24:10 -0500
Subject: [DSII] Usable Operational-level Rules

Some time ago I picked up Hell in Microcosm, by Jim Webster (ain't that
the chap who did Hellfire?) and published by Anchluss Publishing.  I was
considering running a DSII campaign, and these were advertised as war
games rules for Brigade-Corps level 1901-Future.  I've been going over
it, and come to the conclusion that if you and your opponent can come to
agreement on the subject, you should be able to use these more or less
'as is'.  It's very generic, all the equipment being rated in relation
to the enemy's equipment.  For instance, in the sample scenario dealing
with Lomba River, 1987 with T-55s vs Ratel 90s, including some w/
ATGMs.	So the T-55s are rated as medium armor with heavy guns, and the
Ratels average out to light armor with heavy guns.  In a Desert Storm
scenario, you could decide that T-55s would count as light armor with
light guns, with the M1A1 as heavy armor with heavy guns.  It's all
based on battalions and companies being represented on the board, and
has lots of rules for things like irregulars, infiltration, armored
trains, airborne, NBC, and engineers.  I'm considering doing up NRE and
IF divisions in Hell in Microcosm terms and posting 'em to the web site,
perhaps with a sample campaign based on the 'border incident' in 2182,
where three divisions crossed the border on New Mesopotamia.

John M. Atkinson

Prev: RE: [FTFB] Not ships, exactally. . . Next: Re: [FTFB] Not ships, exactally. . .