Prev: RE: Manuever warfare was:Anti-Tank guns Next: [DSII] Usable Operational-level Rules

RE: [FTFB] Not ships, exactally. . .

From: Nathan Pettigrew <nathanp@M...>
Date: Fri, 12 Feb 1999 08:17:56 -0800
Subject: RE: [FTFB] Not ships, exactally. . .

While I like the concept of defsats and I'm sure a set of rules for
"micro-thrusters" could be developed, I would wonder how they would
actually
fair in play.  As stationary targets they would be a prime target for
SMs.
Obviously Defsat 2 could protect itself and other defsats in range, but
could be overwhelmed (one missile hit and it's all over).

On the other hand, they would make a cheap sponge for your opponent's
SMs
instead of your ships.	: )

Massive orbital forts (ala David Weber) with the extra 5 to 15% space
they
get for dropping drives could add a slew of PDSs to really protect
themselves.

my 2 credits,
Nathan

 As
> does it's big brother,
>
> Defsat 4:
>	Mass	5
>	Hull	1
>	SMR	4
>	Total	19
>
> So are there any ideas on a mass/point cost for these puny thrusters
> which can't move a ship a single inch, but can rotate and roll 'em?
I'd