Prev: Re: Inner Colonies Next: Re: Military Strengths was First Order of Business

Re: Inner Colonies

From: "Steve Pugh" <steve@w...>
Date: Tue, 9 Feb 1999 15:14:05 -0000
Subject: Re: Inner Colonies

Randall Case wrote:
> Steve Pugh wrote:
>
> > So I need an inner colony. Any suggestions as to which one?
Obviously
> > the ESU and the FSE will lose any presence in that system. (And I
prefer
> > there to be no NAC or NSL presence, but could live with it if people
> > feel that they should be there.) Indonesian and Scandinavian
presence
> > would be fit the rest of the background I have, and anyone else is
> > welcome to a small colony there as well.
> >
> I 'think' that both the ESU and FSE would loose control over the
colonys,
> but I doubt that they would loose any orbital/interstellar bases
there.
> Might be interesting to have a 'rebel' colony with mother land's
military
> base VERY close by! Sorta like the US and Canada after the
revolution...
> Maybe the ESU wants the planet back... a rebellion in a rebellion, and
> perhaps the rebels looking for outside help: the enemy of my enemy? :
)

The revolution was carefully timed. The ESU were in the process of
getting their arses kicked by the NAC and didn't have much of a
presence in this system (one reason why I'd prefer no NAC colony
here). And enough of the system defence fleet went over to the
revolutionary cause.

This is an inner colony so presumably the UN isn't too keen on the
major powers keeping vast numbers of warships and orbital warfare
patforms around.

There is a small ESU stronghold that has held out to this day and
which the ESU claims is the proper colonial authority.

As for the FSE. They basically sold the colony in return for trade
privileges.

Part of my philosophy for the IDR is that they are very much based
around a asteroid/gas giant mining/refining industry. Small
population and lots of natural resources leading eventually to a high
tech but low volume industrial base.

	Steve

--
The Ground Zero Games Meta-FAQ is available at
http://ds.dial.pipex.com/town/estate/ax16/grunt/meta-faq.txt

Steve Pugh   <steve.pugh@dial.pipex.com>

Prev: Re: Inner Colonies Next: Re: Military Strengths was First Order of Business