Prev: Re: GZG Encyclopedia Starmap Next: Re: UBW fict

Re: In defence of Monarchy

From: Los <los@c...>
Date: Mon, 08 Feb 1999 08:10:16 -0800
Subject: Re: In defence of Monarchy

Michael Blair wrote:

> Monarchy may not be the ideal political system (I still don’t know
> which
> one is) but it makes a handy backup. In a crisis when democracy
> crashes
> and burns the old system, of loyalty to a leader is waiting in the
> wings, the military still swear allegiance to the monarch (as far as I
>
> know) so the change is quite smooth. The old families are still there,
>
> still rich, still influential so turning the clock back is not
> impossible.

Well I suppose that might work if you have a Monacrh that's anything
other than a figure head. Might actually have beeter look showing
allegiance to corporations or more influencial figures like bernie
ecclestein, Bill Gates, of Steve Forbes. <grin>

Los
<not a monarchist>

Prev: Re: GZG Encyclopedia Starmap Next: Re: UBW fict