Prev: Re: Small ships and SMLS & Killing Torp armed fleets..... Next: Re: UBW Stars

Battle report of small missle ships

From: "cgray" <cgray@i...>
Date: Sun, 07 Feb 1999 11:20:57 -0800
Subject: Battle report of small missle ships

there were 3 battles

2 with the 20 tonners
1 with the 30 tonners

battle 1

3 sides

side 1 was using 'German" ships

I believe he had a Battle cruiser and a dreadnougt

side 2 was 'Russian'

he had 4 frigates and a battleship/BC I believ

These ships are from the fleet book

side 3 was me

I had 10 20 toners

Westarted out about 50 inches apart

since the german was closer I advanced towards him slowly he was trying
move more towards the other player as he thought he was the greater
threatwe were situated in kind of a triangle  at about 40 inches I
launched
10 salvoes of missles at the germans 4 at the BC 6 at the dreadnought

It was about average dice so around 16 missles hit the BC I think 23 the
bigger ship
He shot down about 4 to 6 from each salvo on slavo did over 72 points of
damage (we stopeed counting at that point) the other around 50 or 60

both ships died

then I turn to the other squadron

shot 1 salvo at each frigate killing them

and then 6 at the BB

they died without loss of a single ship

batlle 2 I dont remember alot of details but

side one had a 'Foch' and acouple of cruisers
side 2 (me) had a "US" carrier and 14 missle boat

we used our fighters defensively as his strike came in he concentrated
on
the big ship

we destroyed the fighters for some minor hull damage to the carrier (no
threshold rolls required) then we advance we still had 1 combat turn of
fighter endurance left

I advanced with the fighters close by me and launched at about 40 inches
with 8 salvoes at the Foch and 3 each for the cruisers the FOch survived
but the cruisers died (the player still had a couple of aquadrons of
fighters he had used defensively stopping some of the missles) then our
remaining fighters closed and I fired my last salvo all 14 at the Foch
as
the fighters got within range it died quickly

battle 3

around 1500 points

he had

1 "US" CV Valley FOrge I believ and 2 battle dreadnoughts for 8 fighter
squadrons he also had 2 'russian' frigates to fill out his points

I had 14 30 tonners with 14 fighters squadrons embarked

he launched all his fighters at me (he assumed my ships were just
bigger,
tougher missle boat he didnt know about the fighter squadrons) as they
closed I launched my fighters and went out to meet them

he destreoyed 4 squadrons of my fighters I killed about 6

then his fighters hit my ships he killed one then my fighters destoyed
them

so I had about 10 squadrons left with 1 combat turn and 13 ships I
waited
until I was within about 40 inches and then closed witht the fighters as
my
missle salvoes went out 7 salvoes at the CV and 6 at one of the battle
dreadnoughts I split my fighters between them as well the CV getting
more
attention  it was over in that salvo for the CV and battle dreadnought
but
not all  my fighters had fired yet (I saved about 3 squadrons)

 he had started closing on my ships with his frigates so the next turn I
salvoed 3 missles at each widely spaced in case he accelerated so
hopefully
at least 1 salvo would hit
and the other 7 and fighters attacked the battle dreadnought The
frigates
each got hit with 2 salvoes and the battle dreadnought got about 5 plus
fighters none survived

I hope this helps

The only time I was concerned was when the frigates close because my
fighters didnt have time to turn around and intercept them so I spread
my
salvoes out so that the missles would almost have to hit

Prev: Re: Small ships and SMLS & Killing Torp armed fleets..... Next: Re: UBW Stars