Prev: Re: GZG Encyclopedia Starmap Second Wave Next: Re: UBW Stars

Re: MEKO Ships -Reply

From: Alan E & Carmel J Brain <aebrain@d...>
Date: Mon, 08 Feb 1999 00:07:57 +1000
Subject: Re: MEKO Ships -Reply

CLL@LGC.CO.UK wrote:

> * Whilst adding this comment it occured to me that this could be a way
> get around the MD difference. Your Main Drive could be more efficient
if
> the mass of your modules was a significant part of the ship's mass.

In the "Freemantle" example, this is exactly the case.	The basic patrol
(unarmed) configuration has Mass 32. When fitted with all the goodies
it's fitted for, the mass becomes 40. So the 8 mass allocated to MD
gives  a Thrust of 5 when empty, 4 when full.

 abrain@cs.adfa.oz.au  o OO*O^^^^O*OO o oo     oo oo	 oo

Prev: Re: GZG Encyclopedia Starmap Second Wave Next: Re: UBW Stars