Prev: Re: hello Next: Re: Killing torpedo fleets.

Re: [FT] Missiles, Salvo and Capital.

From: Alan E & Carmel J Brain <aebrain@d...>
Date: Fri, 05 Feb 1999 23:46:22 +1000
Subject: Re: [FT] Missiles, Salvo and Capital.

Oerjan Ohlson wrote:

> I submit that the extra range and (particularly) the ability of the MT
> missiles to attack other targets than the closest one compensates for
the
> slightly reduced damage compared to the SMs :-/

Concur.

In addition, there's a synergy, much like that between Fighters/SMs. 6
SMs may not overwhelm 20 or so ADAFs, but 4 SMs and 4 MTMs may well do,
specially if the latter can be EMPs.... add fighters as well, and things
get very difficult for the defence.

 abrain@cs.adfa.oz.au  o OO*O^^^^O*OO o oo     oo oo	 oo

Prev: Re: hello Next: Re: Killing torpedo fleets.