Prev: Re: [URL] Latest GZG Advert Next: RE: MEKO Ships

Re: (FT) Unofficial NSL Order of Battle Jannary 01,2083

From: "It'll be cool, it'll be fun...it's gonna *suck*" <KOCHTE@s...>
Date: Wed, 03 Feb 1999 22:58:10 -0500 (EST)
Subject: Re: (FT) Unofficial NSL Order of Battle Jannary 01,2083

>NSL Order of Battle Jannary 01, 2083
[...]

(this is supposed to be constructive criticism, but forgive me if it
comes across a little harsh; I just got done dealing with some idiot
who asked me for some climbing information, then when I gave it to
him, went ballistic on me, informing me that I was lying to him, that
I need to grow up and be more mature with my emails, and stop trying
to pick up his daughter; <sigh>; anyway...)

Steven.

Good work, but...it seems like a....'cookie cutter' fleet to me. There
is almost no variance between any given squadron/group/whatnot. Only
the names have been changed between forces. For example, *every* Battle
Squadron in the First Fleet is identical to every other Battle Squadron
in that same fleet. Ditto for the cruiser groups and various flotillae.
This is repeated throughout the entire NSL Roster. It doesn't...seem
very real to me. Does the (contemporary?) German Naval Order of Battle
reflect this??

I have no good feedback at the moment than to suggest breaking up the
numbers and components of the various elements in the Fleets so they
aren't carbon copies of one another. Give them more identity than just
different names.

Mk
-
All that is gold does not glitter,
     all those who wander are not lost.

http://www.bcpl.net/~indy/index.html

Prev: Re: [URL] Latest GZG Advert Next: RE: MEKO Ships