Prev: [FT] OFFICAL RULING REQUEST (was Re: Couple of questions) Next: GW-Tyranids

Re: Kzinti Miniatures

From: "Atcliffe, Phillip" <Phillip.Atcliffe@u...>
Date: Tue, 2 Feb 1999 17:24:37 -0500 (EST)
Subject: Re: Kzinti Miniatures

John C said:
>> During my dinner break, I stopped by the local Allied Hobbies, and
discovered a rather odd pack of figures. The pack was called
"Seductress" (Ral Partha, 02-808), and had three figures [including] a
cat-woman with her tail wrapped around her in what could be considered
a "seductive" fashion--assuming that you are attracted to women with
tails. <<

Later, Tom chimed in with a short resume of a story plot involving
intelligent Kzinti females, which he thought came from the "Neutron
Star" collection. The Beast replied:

> However, wasn't the mentioned 'intelligent' female story in one of
the Man-Kzin series that included Known Universe tales centering on
Kzin, written by other authors? *shrug* I gave up on it after Jerry
Pournelle started being included. <

Yep. The intelligent females story was from M-KW I, the only one of
that series that I've read. Wasn't bad -- certainly the best story in
the book.

> Also, while it's been a long time since I read any, I thought the
bat-wing ear was characteristic of the Kzin. I just wish one of the
figs would have been made craven to look like a Kzin psycher. ;->= <

Yes, Kzinti have foldable "bat-wing" ears. I guess that Jon T. has
proven that females with big "ears" (i.e., the Gun Bunnies) can still
look good, but I really wouldn't expect a Kzin female as described in
the books and illustrated by such people as Rick Sternbach (sp?) to be
attractive to humans. The body shape is all wrong -- that
characteristic Kzin barrel-chest that results from the geodetic rib
structure, for a start. And since there haven't been any sentient
females for centuries, there won't be any female telepaths -- so you
won't get one, craven or otherwise, in a pack called "Seductress" <g>.

Phil, who quite liked Fritz Leiber's cat-woman from "The Wanderer",
even if I can't remember her name...
 Gravity is a Downer... So let's go flying!
   -- so sayeth Phil Atcliffe (Phillip.Atcliffe@uwe.ac.uk)

Prev: [FT] OFFICAL RULING REQUEST (was Re: Couple of questions) Next: GW-Tyranids