Prev: Re: Kzinti Miniatures Next: [SG] NAC SAS rescues hostage from sword-wielding peasants [long]

Re: NSL, Not Nazis.

From: "Jim 'Jiji' Foster" <jiji@m...>
Date: Tue, 02 Feb 1999 16:49:10 -0000
Subject: Re: NSL, Not Nazis.

You really should track down the anime series Legend of the Galatic
Heroes. The Empire in LOGH deliberately and successfully invokes the
feel of a space empire built along the lines of Prussian/Austrian
aristocracy.

That, and there are some absolutely astounding massed fleet
engagements...
---
Jim 'Jiji' Foster / jfoster@nospam.kansas.net / Jiji @ AnimeMUCK

On Tue, 02 Feb 1999 02:27:23   Michael Blair wrote:
>When I first heard of the NSL I thought (probably like many others)
aha!
>Nazis in space, though my reason for assuming this was a little
>convoluted but amusing. You know about the Nazis in Antarctica idea?
>They did explore there before the war and the idea is they built a
>secret base down there and fled to it after WW II, certainly some odd
>things were going on, (U-boats carrying jet fighters and nuclear
>materials to Japan). Anyway the base was to supposed to be in a part of

>Antarctica they called Neuswabenland (I think it is really Queen Maud
>Land).
>[John Harbinson did a trilogy about it, an interesting idea but not
>great books. His later work seems to get even crazier.]
>Then Jon told me the real origin, about the original Swabian League.
>I rather prefer the Imperial look of the NSL, eagles and Prussians
>(frustrated at the machinations of their Austrian masters) but none of
>the baggage of the Nazis.
>The name league does not suggest an Emperor, is there one?
>If not I can imagine a civil war between federalist and imperial
troops,
>fighting at the gates of the Kaiserhoff. . .
>
>Michael.

-----== Sent via Deja News, The Discussion Network ==-----
http://www.dejanews.com/  Easy access to 50,000+ discussion forums

Prev: Re: Kzinti Miniatures Next: [SG] NAC SAS rescues hostage from sword-wielding peasants [long]