Prev: Re: Planetery Defense Batteries Next: Re: [FT] Pics posted

Re: Planetery Defense Batteries

From: DracSpy@a...
Date: Mon, 1 Feb 1999 22:39:35 EST
Subject: Re: Planetery Defense Batteries

<< Personally, I abstract planetary defences into a Sa'Vasku vessel with
 1/2 PF & 6" range bands.  This tends to randomise what weapons are
 available to fire (planetary curve, atmospheric attenuation, etc, etc)
 but gives a place for surface batteries.  Ships need to enter orbit &
 only gain 1d per 5d of normal beam fire, but ortillery acts as an
 anti-surface submunition pack (3d).  This gives a good 'feel' to a
 planetery assault, as you need to suppress the defences before sending
 in assault shuttles, or the PDS will wipe them out in the upper
 atmosphere.

With the Gawain Assault that I'm hoping to kill I have worked out that
there
will be A/S Def Towers (think of the missile towers from Dune2k) but the
idea
of a S'V like def system for the entire planet is interestesting, how
would
you do an assault on sites?  The NAC smugled a group of Mercs on planet.
-Stephen

Prev: Re: Planetery Defense Batteries Next: Re: [FT] Pics posted