Prev: Kzinti Miniatures Next: Re: Planetery Defense Batteries

Re: Rules for BFG/FT Conversion.

From: Aaron Teske <ateske@H...>
Date: Mon, 01 Feb 1999 18:48:54 -0500
Subject: Re: Rules for BFG/FT Conversion.

At 08:24 PM 2/1/99 +0100, Oerjan wrote:
>Jonathan Jarrard (who didn't read Aaron's report carefully enough ;-)

<grin>

>wrote:
>> Do BFG torps have unlimited ammo?
>
>Depends on your dice, but basically yes. Reloading torpedoes is one of
>the "special actions" which require a successful "leadership" roll, so
if
>you roll well you can launch torpedoes every turn.

Kinda-sorta... that's only if you don't want to do any other special
orders
(1/turn max), and if you roll doubles on the Ld test you're out.  (I
*thought* I mentioned that... but I'm not going to look for it. ^_^; )
So
it's not infinite, though it could be for the duration of the game.  Or
you
might just get one salvo.  Kinda hard to duplicate in Full Thrust...
which,
no offense to Mark Siefert, is why I'm not trying to.  (Good luck,
though,
and when I find time I'll see if I have suggestions. ^_^; )  It looks
like
GW's put together at least a decent game, with their unique background
and
"physics", so I *will* do conversions for the minis to FT but won't try
fit them to BFG at the same time (i.e., replicating lances).

Later,

					Aaron Teske
					ateske@HICom.net
LAUNCH DAY!
A totally unprovoked attack on peaceful neighbors. Must be the race
file. Does strange things.
		--Rick Kujecko, on the War Monger PRT in Stars!

Prev: Kzinti Miniatures Next: Re: Planetery Defense Batteries