Prev: Re: (GZG Encyclopedia) Hey how can I contribute? Next: [FT & DSII] miniatures for sale or trade

Re: Switzerland?

From: "John M. Atkinson" <john.m.atkinson@e...>
Date: Mon, 01 Feb 1999 10:44:14 -0500
Subject: Re: Switzerland?

Michael Blair wrote:

> Switzerland as an independent power?
> I had not thought about this but I am surprised it was not absorbed
into
> the NSL, perhaps even a driving force behind its creation.
> This led on to a more useful chain of thought.

It's mentioned seperately from the NSL, and if it were part of the NSL I
can't imagine they'd be fond of Swiss mercs running around working for
whomever.  BTW, aren't Swiss Mercs banned by treaty, even before they
start using poison gas?

> The NSL will probably have a federal structure like modern Germany,
each
> state having a high degree of control over its own internal affairs.
The
> military would be centralized but maybe not the militia (volksturm or
> whatever they call them now). I can't really imagine two states
fighting

Landwher.  Older, more traditional, no Nazi connotations, and was in use
by Austro-Hungarian Empire, from which the NSL draws many traditions.

John M. Atkinson

Prev: Re: (GZG Encyclopedia) Hey how can I contribute? Next: [FT & DSII] miniatures for sale or trade