Prev: Re: GZGL FH Guide to the Colonies Next: Re: (GZG Encyclopedia) Hey how can I contribute?

Re: [FT] GZG Model Scale

From: "Oerjan Ohlson" <oerjan.ohlson@t...>
Date: Sun, 31 Jan 1999 16:08:31 +0100
Subject: Re: [FT] GZG Model Scale

Samuel Reynolds wrote:

> >	   It seems pretty clear that GZG ton(nes) are either a
different
sort
> >from the ones we currently use or refer to some sort of "nominal" >
>measure,
>
> Tons displacement; the *volume* displaced by 1 ton (metric ton?)
> of hydrogen (or water? Traveller uses hydrogen).

Using hydrogen displacement tons, the Maria von Burgund-class would get
volume of 168000 m^3, whereas my (not very accurate) measurements of the
model - give a volume of 95-100000 m^3 (assuming 1/2400 scale). Whatever
the Tuffleyverse displacement tonne is based on, it is less dense than
water and somewhat more dense than liquid hydrogen. Assuming a scale of
~1/2800 gives  a very close agreement to the liquid-hydrogen
displacement
ton for this particular model. (It is one of the very few GZG ship
models
I have - that's why I use it <g>]

Later,

Oerjan Ohlson
oerjan.ohlson@telia.com

"Life is like a sewer.
- Hen3ry

Prev: Re: GZGL FH Guide to the Colonies Next: Re: (GZG Encyclopedia) Hey how can I contribute?