Prev: [GZG Encyclopedia] HTML Styles, Lists and Other Things Next: Re: making list

Re: [FT] NAC Fleet Roster (unofficial, of course)

From: Laserlight <laserlight@c...>
Date: Fri, 29 Jan 1999 18:45:31 -0500
Subject: Re: [FT] NAC Fleet Roster (unofficial, of course)

>Well, the fleet in home waters. I've not checked, but my feeling is
that
>the fleet around the world had a much heavier balance towards smaller
>ships. Even if not, we ARE talking about a time period of expansion and
>exploration, and I think stretching the fleet over larger and larger
areas
>would require more ships, tending towards smaller ships.

>From Imperial Military Geography, 8th ed, 1935 edition:
RN: 15 BB/BC, 44 cruisers, 7 CV, 146 Flotilla Leaders & destroyers, 54
submarines.
Royal Oz Navy: 4 cruisers, 1 CV, 11 flotilla & DD
RCN: 4 destroyers
NZ Squadron: 2 cruisers
Under construction: 4 capital, 18 subs, 2 CV, 12 DD

At the same time, the British Regular Army had 199,000 men, of whom
110,000
were at home, 30,000 in colonial stations, 59,000 in India.  This did
not
include Reserve (125,000), Supplementary Reserve (19,000) or Territorial
Army (130,000)

Prev: [GZG Encyclopedia] HTML Styles, Lists and Other Things Next: Re: making list