Prev: Re: CCS ship designs...? Next: [FT] K'rathri in the Tuffleyverse (was Re: making list)

Re: Rules for BFG/FT Conversion.

From: "Oerjan Ohlson" <oerjan.ohlson@t...>
Date: Fri, 29 Jan 1999 22:04:57 +0100
Subject: Re: Rules for BFG/FT Conversion.

Thomas Anderson wrote in reply to Mark:

> > > Holofields - well. If you're using Cinematic movement (which I
think > > >you
> > > should), I'd up the speed requirements considerably since not even
> > >my
> > > Thrust-4 ships usually fly as slow as speed 12 - but I know I like
flying
> > > fast :-/	The Holofield would simply be a Level-2 screen in my
games.

> >	As for the velocity/screen level, I was simply throwing out some
> > logical numbers.  How about increments of 10" instead?

I'd go for 12 or even 15mu increments, but then my slowest Eldar units
are Thrust-6 (and the fastest are... much faster <g>) and I have plenty
of maneuvering space <shrug>

> what about basing the effectiveness on the thrust applied that turn,
> rather than the velocity? you can't keep burning at thrust six all the
> time. can you? under cinematic, i mean.

No problem at all! If you don't count thrust used for turning it might
get tricky, but all changing of velocity should help the holofields IMO
:-/

Later,

Oerjan Ohlson
oerjan.ohlson@telia.com

"Life is like a sewer.
- Hen3ry

Prev: Re: CCS ship designs...? Next: [FT] K'rathri in the Tuffleyverse (was Re: making list)