Prev: Re: [LST] GZGE Request Next: Re: DSII - Air Defence Levels.

Re: [FT] NAC Fleet Roster (unofficial, of course)

From: "John M. Atkinson" <john.m.atkinson@e...>
Date: Thu, 28 Jan 1999 11:10:27 -0500
Subject: Re: [FT] NAC Fleet Roster (unofficial, of course)

Stop the car?? This is a car chase! I went through considerable trouble
to set this up. wrote:

> Be fair, Citizen G'Kar! I used a mix of UK, US, and Other. Things like
> Agamemnon, Vistula, Normandy, and Vinson Massif are definitely not
American

Actually, Normandy is an American name.  We have a tradition of naming
our ships after our battles--see the USS Bunker Hill, etc.  And I can
name a couple of US divisions with a battle honor reading "Normandy" on
their colors--mine, for one.

> I did not consult the NRE stats before doing this (and as I mentioned
in
> my original posting, I'd actually been fussing with this since early
last
> year, so recent threads of national fleet organizations had no
influence
> in how the NAC Roster I put together was done - only influence it had
was
> to spur me on to *get* it done! :)

I'm considering doing up something like this.  I run into a couple of
problems--the primary one being that I believe I have seriously
underestimated the number of escorts and cruisers in the NRE fleet,
and/or overestimated the number of capitals.  I'm going to sit down,
print yours out, break it out by ship class, subtract 25%, and redo my
fleet list based on that.  :)  How's that for imitation being the
sincerest compliment?  I also have to divvy it out based on the four
fleets. . . Anyway.

John M. Atkinson

Prev: Re: [LST] GZGE Request Next: Re: DSII - Air Defence Levels.