Prev: Re: Geo-Hex/GZG on TV: Pandemonium '99 Next: Re: Encyclopedia Assignments

Re: [FT] NAC Fleet Roster (unofficial, of course)

From: Thomas Anderson <thomas.anderson@u...>
Date: Thu, 28 Jan 1999 11:44:00 +0000 (GMT)
Subject: Re: [FT] NAC Fleet Roster (unofficial, of course)

On Wed, 27 Jan 1999, kochte (under another ridiculous pseudonym) wrote:

>			NAC Fleet Rsoter

one or two comments.

(a) it looks pretty cool. looks suitably inhomogenous to be real!

(b) you seem to have used american names, with just one or two
exceptions!
surely you can spare a battlegroup or two to be called "Prince of Wales"
or "Royal Oak"?

> o CLs and CEs were included in Destroyer Squadrons as CLs are seen as
Large
>   Destroyers (or Destroyer Leaders, or 'capital ship' destroyers),

is that common? i note the NRE have destroyer leaders. is this how
current
navies operate, an/or is there a good reason for this pattern? i'll
admit
that my current fleet has two "independant squadrons" of CL + 2FF, but
that's because i only have two CL and four FF and can't fit them in
anywhere else ...

> DDH - A specialized heavy/attack destroyer, the TUFFLEYs were designed
> operate in packs,

funny, i've only ever seen one at once ...

Tom

Prev: Re: Geo-Hex/GZG on TV: Pandemonium '99 Next: Re: Encyclopedia Assignments