Prev: Anyone Missing? Next: RE: AoG ships in UK (was: RE: Anyone use FB ships?)

Re: Planet-Based Fighters

From: John Leary <john_t_leary@p...>
Date: Fri, 22 Jan 1999 06:08:57 -0800
Subject: Re: Planet-Based Fighters

Los wrote:
..Snip...JTL
> Likewaide a pure space base fighters is more efficient for space ops
without
> having to carry streamlining it can dedicate more of it's mass to
thrust,
> extended lifesupport, payload or whatever. Interface fighters, up to a
> certain tech level, I imagine, are purpose built craft,
...Snip...JTL

Considering the thrust that is available to the fighters in FT/MT ect.
streamlining is not important.	 Give me a big enough engine an I can
fly a brick. (Remember the F-4)
    One turn to climb to orbit, operations, and then one turn to land
is sufficient to maintain the 'feel' of the function without adding
unnecessary complexity to the game.

Just a thought.

Bye for now,
John L.

Prev: Anyone Missing? Next: RE: AoG ships in UK (was: RE: Anyone use FB ships?)