Prev: AoG ships in UK (was: RE: Anyone use FB ships?) Next: Re: AoG ships in UK (was: RE: Anyone use FB ships?)

Re: Planet-Based Fighters

From: Los <los@c...>
Date: Thu, 21 Jan 1999 20:30:25 -0500
Subject: Re: Planet-Based Fighters

I'm of the opinion that given two equal mass fighters, of equal tech
levels
that a planet based fighter will be more efficient-effective with pure
planetary-based operations than one that has to interface from orbit.
WIthout having to carry interfacing equipment it can dedicate more of
it's
mass to weapons/armor/defensive systems whatever.

Likewaide a pure space base fighters is more efficient for space ops
without
having to carry streamlining it can dedicate more of it's mass to
thrust,
extended lifesupport, payload or whatever. Interface fighters, up to a
certain tech level, I imagine, are purpose built craft, and once a force
is
settled in nicely, then eth planetary fighters take over, though I can
see a
role for interface a/c for quick strikes etc.

Just an opening argument...

Los