Prev: Re: Planet-Based Fighters Next: Re: [DS] Engineering systems size

Re: [DS] Engineering systems size

From: "Andrew & Alex" <Al.Bri@x...>
Date: Fri, 22 Jan 1999 11:22:48 +1300
Subject: Re: [DS] Engineering systems size

>These are the things in the ds2 points value lists which do not
>have sizes specified in the rules, as far as i can see:
>
>stealth (i assume it's size 0, as it is electronics)
    No size needed as it's either electronics or advanced vehicle design
shrink the whole vehicle.

>in-vehicle artillery observer
    No size needed - it's mainly electronics. Infantry team has to carry
the
equipment so that's why it's 4 capacity points for the team.

>minelaying system
    From my site: http://members.xoom.com/AndrewMartin/DSII/ARTY.HTM

Ammunition and resupply
Quartermaster Martin takes charge of ammunition resupply. These adjusted
capacity requirements allow a vehicle the same size as the artillery
vehicle
to easily resupply the artillery vehicle to its full capacity.
A very light artillery load requires a capacity of 1.
A light artillery load requires a capacity of 2.
A medium artillery load requires a capacity of 4.
A heavy artillery load requires a capacity of 6.
A very heavy artillery load requires a capacity of 8.
A Mine layer system takes up 4 capacity points and one mine marker, used
by
a minelayer, takes up 4 capacity.

    FASCAM is a problem in my system, as the bigger artillery should be
able
to deliver a larger area of mines. Also, the smaller artillery should
deliver a smaller area of effect. I get around it for the moment, by
only
allowing medium artillery (M109 equivalents) to deliver mines or FASCAM,
while reserving my heavy artillery to break up and destroy armoured
formations.

>backup systems (assume size 0 - it may even say this)
    Just spare electronics [fuzes? maybe! :-)] of zero capacity. In my
modifications I assume that the +30% is only for offensive, direct fire
weapons, as the list of systems in the points cost makes no sense and
only
offensive capability is lost when the Firer/Target Systems Down chit is
drawn.

>cavalry (in case you want to put llamas in your dropship)
    I would suggest double or triple capacity to put those llamas or
elephants in the drop ship, but I've got no rule for this.

>has anyone ever fielded a minelayer?
    Only FASCAM - mines delivered by artillery.

Andrew Martin
Shared email: Al.Bri@xtra.co.nz ICQ: 26227169
Blind See-Saw, DSII, DSII FAQ, GZG-L email FAQ, FUDGE, UY, MSH & WBG:
    http://members.xoom.com/AndrewMartin/

Prev: Re: Planet-Based Fighters Next: Re: [DS] Engineering systems size