Prev: Re: [FT] IF vs NRE, short AAR. Next: Battlefleet Gothic Demo Day

Re: Alarishi cf OU

From: Alan E & Carmel J Brain <aebrain@d...>
Date: Thu, 21 Jan 1999 23:01:14 +1000
Subject: Re: Alarishi cf OU

Laserlight wrote:

> Alarish would too, if it appeared cost effective.  The Emperor is not
likely
> to expend a cruiser to defend a single family habitat, however, so
settlers
> are encouraged to pick orbits within "safe" systems.

OU on the other hand, WOULD expend 1 cruiser, maybe more. Even for a
single habitat. Not neccessarily at the same place, and maybe even years
later. The idea is that one bad turn deserves another, grudges are held,
but restitution cancels the debt.

> Subvert?  Hey, move on in.  Our notion of territoriality is a little
skewed.
> The main things we ask:
> a) don't be a security threat;
> b) pay our tax (flat 5% sales tax); and
> c) recognize Imperial jurisdiction over Imperial citizens.

c) Might cause minor friction, but it seems "peaceful co-existence"
might be not merely possible, but very likely. Even symbiosis.

>  The other basic conditions are  on our web site. (Note: be aware that
> security risks are dealt with forcefully.  In one extreme case,
"forcefully"
> included several kilos of antimatter in what used to be a 5000 person
> habitat.  IBIS doesn't believe in half measures).

Well, that WOULD send a message all right.

OU would tend to use nanograms, but placed under various people's toilet
seats. Or, when really trying to send a message, genetically engineered
redback spiders placed ditto :)

 abrain@cs.adfa.oz.au  o OO*O^^^^O*OO o oo     oo oo	 oo

Prev: Re: [FT] IF vs NRE, short AAR. Next: Battlefleet Gothic Demo Day