Prev: Re: Anyone use FB ships? Next: Re: the Great game was Re: A new power to deal with, The New Con

Re: Anyone use FB ships?

From: "The end of the bottomeless pit is a body-length and a half down." <KOCHTE@s...>
Date: Wed, 20 Jan 1999 11:18:56 -0500 (EST)
Subject: Re: Anyone use FB ships?

>    I notice that a lot of the posters here use ships of their own
>designs.  I was wondering if anyone actually uses the ships in the
Fleet
>Book.	If so, how well do they work as fleets?  I've been considering
>purchasing a fleet and would like some opinions on the ships.

I use the FB designs almost (but not totally) exclusively, primarily
because
I don't have a lot of time right these days to sit down and dream up
whole new
designs of ships. I've tweaked some of the designs in the FB for
variants
(both those listed and not), but really haven't had an opportunity to
play
with them any. I hope to very soon, though... (hi, Iceberg!)

Mk
---
If the conquest of a great peak brings moments of exultation and bliss,
which in the monotonous, materialistic existence of modern times nothing
else can approach, it also presents great dangers.  It is not the goal
of
*grand alpinisme* to face peril, but it is one of the tests one must
undergo to deserve the joy of rising for an instant above the state of
crawling grubs.
				       -Lionel Terray, 1965

Prev: Re: Anyone use FB ships? Next: Re: the Great game was Re: A new power to deal with, The New Con