Prev: Re: A new power to deal with, The New Confederate States Next: Re: Unoffical Powers Page, was Re: A new power to deal with

Re: A new power to deal with, The [insert name here]

From: "John M. Atkinson" <john.m.atkinson@e...>
Date: Tue, 19 Jan 1999 23:11:15 -0500
Subject: Re: A new power to deal with, The [insert name here]

Aaron Teske wrote:

> >Especially if they have to use the SGII rules I've seen--easier
targets,
> >short-range weapons, etc.
>
> Pfft.  I've only played 40K twice, and wasn't that impressed.  (Though
> hear the new version is a step in the right direction.)  I'm talking
> starship combat, not ground... I've only played one game each of DS II
and
> SG II.  But the Imperial ships have whupped Indy's fleets several
times.
> <grin>

Well, that's not hard to do.  Anyone who isn't a torpedo magnet can
manage it--it's well known that Indy's torps are Ghandian
pacifists--they prefer to expire gracefully rather than engage in untidy
violence.

But regarding the new 40K, conversation revealed fun fact:  ALL tanks
are now either move or fire weapons.  Tanks can't shoot in the same turn
they move 12 or more inches.  Remember folks, in 40K, ground scale is
same as figure scale.  1" = 1 meter.  For comparison, men move. . . 6"
and run 12, or is it 4&8?  I forget.  So if you move more than the speed
a man runs, you can't shoot any weapons.  If you move 6-12" you can
shoot one weapon.  Under six inches, you can shoot everything.	This is
from memory from a conversation I had last week--I don't vouch for it's
accuracy in more than general terms.

John M. Atkinson