Prev: Re: [Misc] A Modest Proposal Next: Re: [fh] Star Spreadsheet

Re: A new power to deal with, The New Confederate States

From: Laserlight <laserlight@c...>
Date: Tue, 19 Jan 1999 19:16:11 -0500
Subject: Re: A new power to deal with, The New Confederate States

>So far we have the Alarishi, New Roman Empire, New Confederate States,
>Union of Border Worlds, Free Ukranians, New Sicilians, New Serbia, and
>New Tiblisi (last four are supporting cast for NRE) who else?
>
>Methinks I'm going to put together a "minor power central" page listing
>all homebrew nations out there on the web.  If you're not on the list
>above, let me know.  Nations mentioned in Canonical material need not
>apply.  :)

There is the Khalifate also.  And I'd argue for a revived Knights
Templar
order, fighting against the Kra'Vak.

>BTW, how many independant minor nations not affiliated with any of the
>Terran superstates do y'all see as existing?  My rule of thumb in my
>NRE-verse has been that for every star colonized by an official
>expedition and still under control of their patron power, there is
>another which was settled by disidents, has sucessfully revolted, or
>otherwise has few ties to Mother Terra and her beauracrats.  Ratio is
>higher for former EU colonies which had a beautiful chance to break
away
>when the French and Germans went at it.  Independants tend to be on the
>fringes of settled space and/or marginal planets.

I would start off by assuming most planets have room for at least a few
settlements (say roll 2d6?) to get really choice spots, and they can
expand
out from there.  Thus you could have a NAC planet with, say,  Polish,
Bantu,
and Hindi contingents in addition to the four NAC districts.  Lots of
room
for dissidents.

Prev: Re: [Misc] A Modest Proposal Next: Re: [fh] Star Spreadsheet