Prev: RE: Leading with Escorts (was Directional screens (armor dropped)) Next: Re: OT was Re: [DSII] Reactive armour

Re: Leading with Escorts (was Directional screens (armor dropped))

From: "Mark A. Siefert" <cthulhu@c...>
Date: Fri, 15 Jan 1999 18:23:03 -0600
Subject: Re: Leading with Escorts (was Directional screens (armor dropped))

John Leary wrote:

> Dean Gundberg wrote:
> ...snip...JTL
> > Am I off base or have others seen this same thing?
> >
> > I think that DDs and smaller should not be used as initial attack
wave in a
> > battleline type of scenario.  They should be used to finish off
damaged
> > ships, make overwhelming attacks when the situation dictates, and
keep other
> > escorts from getting too close to your main ships.
> >
> > Comments?  Flames?	Lets get some tactics discussion going ;)

	I learned this he hard way.  During the last year's FT trournie
at
GenCon, I foolishly choose a carrier fleet made up mostly of escorts.
Each time I vailently sent them to attack my opponets forces they were
cut down like wheat.  I made it through the first round by the skin of
my nose, only to be blasted out the game by Schoon and his dreadnought
fleet.	Since then, I've had to re-evaluate the way I think about
tactics.

>      One can only agree, my master!
<Torgo theme>
	ThE MaSTER DoESn'T ApPrOVE oF YoUr FlaNKiNG MAnEUVeR...
</Torgo theme>
--
Later,
Mark A. Siefert

	"[When people] say 'let's do something about it,'
they mean 'lets get hold of the political machinery so that
we can do something to somebody else.' And that somebody is
invariably you."
					--Frank Chodorov

E-MAIL: cthulhu@csd.uwm.edu		WWW: http://www.uwm.edu/~cthulhu
=

Prev: RE: Leading with Escorts (was Directional screens (armor dropped)) Next: Re: OT was Re: [DSII] Reactive armour