Prev: Re: OT was Re: [DSII] Reactive armour Next: Re: Hardened Systems

Re: Ion Cannon

From: Steven Arrowsmith <arrowjr@u...>
Date: Thu, 14 Jan 1999 19:57:25 -0500 (EST)
Subject: Re: Ion Cannon

Following the tread on Ion Cannons, here the stats we use; They and the
rest of our home rules can be found at;
     http://www.public.usit.net/arrowjr/Jyanix.html

EMP Mines
EMP mines are designed to 'scramble' a ship's electronics and systems
without causing structural damage. Roll 1d6 and subtract 1 for each
level
of screens the ship has in use. The final score gives results as
follows;

1 - 2 No effect
3 - 4 Roll for every system on the ship, as if for a threshold roll:
      systems knocked out on a roll of 5,6
5 - 6 Same as above, but knocked out on 4,5,6

Ion Cannon
Ion Cannons fire a Electro-magnetic flux beam, that ionizes screens,
rendering them unusable.

Mass: 2 Points: 4 +1 per arc Range: 24"

Attacks, roll 1d6 and add 1 for each level of screens the ship has in
use.
The final score gives the results as listed.

1-2 = No effect
3-4 = Roll Threshold -
      Level 1 screens - knocked out on a die roll of 4,5,6,
      Level 2 screens - knocked out on a die roll of 5,6
      Level 3 screens - knocked out on a die roll of 6
5-6 = Roll Threshold -
      Level 1 screens - knocked out on a die roll of 3,4,5,6
      Level 2 screens - knocked out on a die roll of 4,5,6
      Level 3 screens - knocked out on a die roll of 5,6

Reflect screens = normal level 2 shields.
No effect on Armoured hulls

Steven

			       Steven Arrowsmith
			  www.public.usit.net/arrowjr
			     steven@arrowsmith.net
			      dredd@quake.usit.net
_______

		    I Would Rather live a Lie, Thinking I Can.
			 Than know The Truth That I Can't
_______

Prev: Re: OT was Re: [DSII] Reactive armour Next: Re: Hardened Systems