Prev: Re: [DSII] [OT] Point defence against lawyers Next: Re: [DSII] [OT] Point defence against lawyers

RE: [FT] SMLs, Type 3 & Tactics

From: "Robertson, Brendan" <Brendan.Robertson@d...>
Date: Mon, 11 Jan 1999 11:12:23 +1100
Subject: RE: [FT] SMLs, Type 3 & Tactics

I use Aegis cruisers to great effect.  Personally, the most I give it is
screen-1 & 4-5 points of armour.  The most important thing is to have at
least 2 ADFC, preferably 3.  This maximises coverage when SMLs &
fighters spread themselves across the fleet.  There isn't any need to
maximise the defences, as it won't be targetted until after the first
attack wave, & even then, most players will ignore it to take out ships
capable of inflicting damage on them.
The other thing is to mount at least 1 class-2 beam.  Several times I
haven't done this & towards the end of the game, you run out of ships
able to do that last point of damage to a ship, & my Aegis cruisers have
always reached the end of the game.

'Neath Southern Skies
http://users.mcmedia.com.au/~denian/
*****
They seek him here, they seek him there;
Those Frenchies seek him everywhere.
Is he in heaven or is he in hell?
That damned elusive, Pimpernel.
	- 'The Scarlet Pimpernel', Baroness Emma Orkzy