Prev: re: Campaign tech levels..... Next: Re: Campaign tech levels (research approach) - (was: FTFB: Scenerio + Q?'s)

Re: [FT] Split Arcs

From: Jerry Han <jhan@c...>
Date: Fri, 8 Jan 1999 14:41:01 -0500
Subject: Re: [FT] Split Arcs

Ground Zero Games wrote:

> >Hello everybody!
> >
> >I've played FT a long time, but this is the first time that I've
encountered
> >this problem.
> >
> >What happens when a ship falls EXACTLY on the boundary between two
arcs?
> >Which arc is the ship in?  Pick one?  Both?
> >
> >I'm inclined to say 'Both', but I just wanted to make sure there
wasn't
> >a ruling that I wasn't aware of.
>
> If the line between the stand posts falls so exactly on the line that
you
> can't define it, we usually roll a die - odds in one arc, evens the
other.
> Alternatives are i) both arcs can fire, ii) firer gets to choose which
arc,
> iii) target gets to choose. Just go with whichever you prefer, but
once you
> pick a method then stick to it (and make sure you agree it with the
other
> players first!).
>
> Jon (GZG)

Actually, it's my own bloody fault.  I'm running an FT PBeM game, and
one of
the things I do is calculate bearing to ships (to find out what arc
they're
in.)  And it so happens that the two ships are positioned so it falls
EXACTLY on an arc boundary.  (Relative Bearing 270).

Whee!  I'll probably just back plot it a bit and then go from there.

Thanks,
J.

--
/ Jerry Han -  CANOE Canada - jhan@canoe.ca -
http://people.canoe.ca/jhan \

Prev: re: Campaign tech levels..... Next: Re: Campaign tech levels (research approach) - (was: FTFB: Scenerio + Q?'s)