Prev: Re: GZGL FH Guide to the Colonies Next: Re: [SG2] Vehicle Questions...

Re: [OT] Canada, the US Civil War II, and the structure

From: "John M. Atkinson" <john.m.atkinson@e...>
Date: Tue, 05 Jan 1999 19:27:00 -0500
Subject: Re: [OT] Canada, the US Civil War II, and the structure

> >> 5. Nationalized Health Care
> >
> >Well, someone has to serve as a bad example.
>
> Let's see, we cover everyone and it costs us less per capita and as a
> percentage of GDP than the US... What's so bad about it? Oh, right,
all those
> health care administrators would be out of work... *S*

You do NOT want to get into this argument. Not at all.

> >> 6. Grizzly Bears, Polar Bears, Black Bears, Brown Bears... but no
> >> Drop Bears....
> >
> >Heh.
>
> Most dangerous land animals in the world, according to the SAS
Surivival
> Guide.

But not dangerous if you leave them the hell alone and don't live in
their territory.

> Tom missed one: Music. Not only is Canadian music amongst the best in
the
> world, we own the largest recording company in the world. Universal
just
> bought Polygram (Polygram was already the largest in the world). Both
Polygram
> and Universal are owned by Seagram... of Montreal.

You're talking to someone who's musical tastes run to Verdi and John
Koukouzelis.

> Tom also missed ice wine, Nanaimo bars, butter tarts, and the only
source of

I'm not sure what the first one is, and havn't a clue what the last two
are.

> Cadbury chocolate in the Americas!

Cadbury:  What you eat when you can't afford Godiva.

John M. Atkinson

Prev: Re: GZGL FH Guide to the Colonies Next: Re: [SG2] Vehicle Questions...