Prev: Re: [OT] Canada, the US Civil War II, and the structure Next: Re: [FT][SG][DS] Canada, the US Civil War II, and the structure

Re: [SG2] Vehicle Questions...

From: John Leary <john_t_leary@p...>
Date: Tue, 05 Jan 1999 15:39:40 -0800
Subject: Re: [SG2] Vehicle Questions...

<JNOBLE2@mail.aai.arco.com>
> wrote:
>
> >How about a modified #2 - Fire like a small arms unit (lots of easy
hits),
> >and then roll a single penetration, but with modifiers for each
additional
> >hit (+1 or whatever).  It seems like it is partway between 2 & 4, and
the
> >mechanism is extensible to any number of guys (even odd numbers) in a
> >non-arbitrary way.  It is partway crap-shoot, but better odds the
more guys
> >are firing.	Justification seems easier than #4. Never having played
SG, I
> >don't know how the modifier would skew the result, but it is a
thought...

> Hmmm, I like that... It does have a nice mix of methodologies. A +1
for every
> firer in the unit, over the first one, would be applied to the die
roll, and
> then the die roll would be multiplied by 2 for a major hit to a point
target.
> That should work well...
>
> Allan Goodall 		 agoodall@interlog.com

Allan,
     I disgree with the concept!   Very soon the multi-gun turret
vehicle will arrive and the number of plusses to peneration will be
impressive.   (Far too impressive to be interesting or believeable.)
     A mixture of methods to resolve similar problems can only cause
problems with the players.   The thing that needs to be resolved in
this case is: What is PA?
     If PA is infantry, treat it as infantry.	If PA is a vehicle/s,
treat it as a vehicle/s.

Bye for now,
Waiting for heated replies.
John L.