Prev: Re: [DS] Air Superiority Rules Next: [URL] Webpage help

Re: [SG2] Speeding Up Stargrunt

From: agoodall@i... (Allan Goodall)
Date: Sun, 20 Dec 1998 07:53:40 GMT
Subject: Re: [SG2] Speeding Up Stargrunt

On Sat, 19 Dec 1998 18:54:20 +1000, "Glover, Owen"
<oglover@mov.vic.gov.au>
wrote:

>However, Page 36 of the SGII rule book already has a Quick'n'Dirty
approach
>to speeding up fire combat resolution. We've tried it and it can be
very
>quick and very bloody. Also prompts people to stop and do more re-org's
>(2IC! Cas'n'ammo!) which is actually a little more realistic.

How did you like it, though? Did it seem to work well?

The reason that I came up with my idea was that it didn't actually
change the
rules. In fact, it doesn't change the probabilities, just the deviation.
The
Quick n' Dirty approach in the rules actually used a different variation
on
the rules. It made range less of an issue and seemed to flatten out the
effect
of different weapon systems. I wasn't sure I'd like that. My method has
the
advantage of keeping all those things in the rules.

>Your armour vs penetration roll is actually not unlike the close combat
>resolution.

Hmmm... good point. Didn't actually think about that...

Allan Goodall		       agoodall@interlog.com

Prev: Re: [DS] Air Superiority Rules Next: [URL] Webpage help