Prev: Online FT Next: RE: Full Thrust RPG

RE: [SG2] Speeding Up Stargrunt

From: "Glover, Owen" <oglover@m...>
Date: Sat, 19 Dec 1998 18:54:20 +1000
Subject: RE: [SG2] Speeding Up Stargrunt

-----Original Message-----
From: agoodall@interlog.com [mailto:agoodall@interlog.com]
Subject: [SG2] Speeding Up Stargrunt

>Two weeks ago I posted a Stargrunt 2 game report. One of the things I
>bemoaned was the length of time it was taking to resolve combat... in
>particular, the amount of time it was taking to resolve Impact vs.
Armour
SNIPPED AWAY

Well, you have certainly put a lot of effort into the analysis and it
all
looks interesting.

However, Page 36 of the SGII rule book already has a Quick'n'Dirty
approach
to speeding up fire combat resolution. We've tried it and it can be very
quick and very bloody. Also prompts people to stop and do more re-org's
(2IC! Cas'n'ammo!) which is actually a little more realistic.

Your armour vs penetration roll is actually not unlike the close combat
resolution.

Cheers,

Owen G

Prev: Online FT Next: RE: Full Thrust RPG